AFCOM Greater Minnesota Chapter Meeting
Hear and discuss important topics related to Data Center design,
construction, operation, and management with local data center professionals.
Arrive early and stay late to network with end-users, designers, operators, and
vendors. Free lunch will also be provide thanks to our lunch sponsor
Pick Your Meeting Topic: Hyper-Converged Infrastructure, Data Center Staffing Needs & Challenges, or Data Center Management Software
We are trying something new: Come and CHOOSE the topic you'd like to SHARE and LEARN more about! We'll be splitting into smaller groups to discuss topics facilitiated by chapter members. Before we adjourn, we'll have each group share their key discussions points, review open questions they'd like to oen to the entire chapter, and conclusions before the meeting adjourns.
1. Hyper-Converged InfraStruxure: After receiving lots of positive responses covering this topic after our April 2019, we'll continue to this topic to discuss how what was learned has already been applied, and share and review specific use cases with other members. This topic is targeted for those who are most interested in the Design and Building/Planning of Data Centers.
2. Data Center Staffing: This group will be discussing local Data Cetner staffing trends, and will be discussing how to recruit, develop, and maintain talented staff members. We'd also like to see if there are specific tactics our local Chapter can do to help identify and motiviate younger generations to work in the Data Center Industry. This topic is targeted to those most interested in how Data Centers are Operate.
3. Data Center Management Software: This group will discuss experiences with various DCIM and other forms of software used to monitor and manage Data Centers. They will be discussing the business case for DCIM, challenges with implementing and operating DCIM, and whether it's possible to determine a real "ROI" for DCIM is possible, and if so - how that can be done. This topic is targeted for those who are most interested in how Data Centers are Controlled.
After ~45 minutes in the Breakout Sessions, the Local Board will collect and feedback with the entire group. The Board would also like to poll membership on this meeting format, and see how we can make Chapter Meetings an optimal use and best value of your time.
PM: Registration, Lunch and Networking
PM: Introduction, Updates, & Announcements from Chapter Board
- 12:30PM: Lunch
- 12:45-1:30PM:Breakout Topics
- 1:30-1:45PM: Sharing Group Topic Findings, Polling from Chapter Board
Networking and Depart
Don't Miss This Opportunity
Greater Minnesota Chapter is a membership organization for individual and
corporate members of the data center industry. Our chapter was officially
chartered in 2007 and we are proud of our growing chapter and welcome new
members. If you are looking for a group of professionals to share ideas, learn
about the future of our industry, and network with your peers we invite you to
join our chapter. The Greater MN Chapter serves the entire state of
Greater MN AFCOM Board
Please NOTE: The time listed below indicates EST, which is the only time zone the AFCOM website can display. When you download the Calendar Invite below, it will properly reflect 12:00-2:00pm CST.